MediaLane is an international, successful, creative company with ambition to grow. We develop, produce and distribute content for all platforms - television, theater, live and online. MediaLane is independent and works on behalf and in partnership with commercial and public media channels, partners, licensees, brands and advertisers.
Our focus in the German company is on live entertainment. Whether theater, arena productions, movie events or dinner shows - our goal is to provide our viewers an unforgettable evening.
For our new show Magic Mike Live on Potsdamer Platz in Berlin, we are looking for an
Junior Production Accountant Magic Mike Berlin (Junior Produktionsbuchhalter) (W/M/D)
The Junior Production Accountant position for Magic Mike Berlin Live will be based in our Berlin Office and be a financial accounting and control-partner with the, Company Manager, Business Controller (based in Amsterdam) and General Manager in the execution of the production and running budgets.
As the Junior Production Accountant, you will be responsible for cost management, maintaining and monitoring the manual ticket sales and occupancy of the venue, F&B-purchase and manual order log, ensuring all transactions are entered accurately in the appropriate accounting system and resolving any supplier queries.
You will ensure that MediaLane’s Purchasing/Procurement guidelines are adhered to on the production and will liaise with the F&B-manager and Company manager to progress any out of scope purchasing.
You will undertake a range of accounting and reporting tasks in close cooperation with the MMB-accountant (Amsterdam), recording transactions in the production’s books of prime entry and general ledger and assisting in the preparation of weekly cost reports. The role will also require you to review F&B- and production records to monitor the overall cost control of the production and will assist as appropriate in the preparation of filing tax and returns (prepared by an external accounting firm).
Where necessary, you will also assist in operating the production bank accounts in any currency, to include the handling and disbursement of cash to cover agreed expenditure through the bank account and will prepare weekly finance and expenditure reports and produce regular bank and petty cash reconciliation.
• Responsible for managing running and production budgets together with Company Manager, General Manager and Business Controller;
• Process cast and crew payroll (third party), accounts payable and all payments related to the production;
• Communicate between production, vendors, employees, corporate accounting and;
• Support Business Controller as needed to maintain the accuracy of the production’s general ledger;
• Support Business Controller as needed to maintain the accuracy of the royalty reports;
• Investigate and resolve open issues with payables, payroll, etc.;
• Aid in Production Audits throughout the life of the production.
• Production accounting experience required;
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in accounting or finance;
• Fluent German and English in word and writing;
• Knowledge of standard Accounting and Financial practices;
• Knowledge of accounting, production finance and spreadsheet applications required;
• Strong communication skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Have you become enthusiastic about the above function? Please apply and send your motivation letter and CV in English to Dorien Manshanden, email@example.com. For more information about MediaLane and about the position you can contact us at + 31 20 2380609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can respond until 22 July, 2019 at the latest.